IMPORTANCE OF GATE EXAMINATION
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the toughest and prestigious competitive examinations in India. GATE is an all-India examination conducted by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) on behalf of the National Coordination Board GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, and Government of India. For more detail, you can visit entrance.chekrs.com. But many students have a lot of questions in their mind about the GATE Exam like
Eligibility for GATE Exam:
For appear in GATE examination, the candidate must have one of the following qualification
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2/ or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering and Technology) and those who were in the last year of such programs.
2. Candidate has Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five-year course) and last year student also eligible for such programs.
3. Bachelor’s degree Four-year program in Science (B.S) and those who pursuing last year of B.S.
4. A master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who were in the last year of such programs.
5. Candidate has 4 years integrated Master's degree programs (also called Post - B.Sc.) in Engineering / Technology and those in the second year, third year and fourth year also eligible for such programs.
6. Five-year integrated Master's degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
7. Five years integrated B.Sc. / M.Sc. and those who pursuing final year also eligible for this program.
1. Admission to PG Program – By clearing the GATE Exam with good marks opens the path to pursue PG program at various institutions in India. Top IIT’s, NIT’s, IIS are offering admissions into PG courses on the basis of GATE 2018 Results.
2. PSU’s Jobs Through GATE – Companies like ONGC, IOC, NTPC, Coal India, SAIL, HP, etc. also hire students those get good marks in GATE. Every Year about 100000 students applies for PSU’s for less than 1000 posts.
3. Fellowship Program – CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) introduced JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) GATE scheme in 2002 to allow GATE qualified engineers to pursue research through suitable Ph.D. Programs at CSIR laboratories.
4. Integrated Ph.D. – If you get good marks in GATE Examination then many colleges let you do an integrated Ph.D. program. You can also get 25000+ stipend from the college.
5. Foreign Study – Some non-Indian universities also accept the GATE Score for admission in masters and Ph.D. program. Those universities are the National University of Singapore, Some universities of Germany and Nanyang technological university Singapore.
6. DRDO – DRDO also considers the GATE Score for their jobs. It starts from this year.
For feedback and more queries regarding GATE 2018, you can contact us by commenting in the comment section given below. For more detail visit www.entrance.chekrs.com.
Stay Informed a